Sunday, November 6, 2011

gratitude: day six


I spoke too soon when I was grateful for good health, because sickness has returned to our household. Grant and I have fallen victim to sore throats, fevers and congestion. I am still thankful for other things, though, so I will continue to document them even if I am a few days behind.

On Saturday we drove up north to visit our friends. They moved away from us almost three years ago and this was the first time we've made it up to see them in their new house. We had put it off for a while because the drive was long and schedules are hard to coordinate, but after the great time we had together, I would drive that far again in a heartbeat to be with them and their adorable kiddos! We all piled in their car for a scenic drive, made pizzas out on the grill, then the kids decorated cookies together before it was time to go.

I left their home Saturday incredibly grateful for our lasting friendship, for their hospitality, for the ability to go months without seeing each other and still chat like we've talked every day for the last 10 years. I love friends like that! I only have a handful of those kinds of friends, and I cherish every one of them.

No comments: