How far along:
38 weeks, and I totally feel like it, too.
(Let's skip right on past the maternity clothes subject. I wear the same jeans and 3 sweaters all the time.)
Progress:
At my 38 week appointment last week I was dilated 1.5cm and 30% effaced. Awesome, considering just a few days before I was nothing. Since then I have been rocking some very consistent contractions, I am hoping the baby will be here before the end of the week!
Best Moment This Week:
Phil's sister, Mel, came into town with her daughter Gracie, so we were able to spend a few days up at Phil's parents' house doing absolutely nothing. It was glorious! The boys and I were sick all last week, and I still continued to nest right through it - cleaning, organizing, doing laundry, etc. Laying on the couch for 3 days straight after that, watching the entire 1st season of The Mentalist, was a welcomed change of pace. We also danced to Michael Jackson on the Wii (trying to get labor started), Mel gave me a killer back rub and we played Rock Band. Mel left this morning and I miss her already :(
Movement:
It hurts when he moves now. He has dropped lower into my pelvis. It hurts to cross my legs.
Food Cravings:
I am rarely hungry. I have to eat a turkey sandwich most days because it sounds good, and I always have chocolate close by. It's a must. Other than that, I just want to drink water, water, water.
What I Am Looking Forward to:
Yesterday, as I was breathing through contractions and trying not to be annoyed by how constant they were, I was focusing on seeing this little boy in cute little newborn clothes, watching him be wheeled in from the nursery in that little plastic bed... oooh, it kept me going and I am so excited for those things!
Symptoms:
Nausea, loss of appetite, heartburn (even with Prevacid!), discomfort, leg aches. The end is near, I can feel it.
5 comments:
You look incredible! Sounds like baby is going to be here very shortly! Woo hoo! I can't wait to meet him! Hope you are feeling good today - mom said you were very tired. Take care of yourself and that little guy. Love you!
I was with you on the heartburn. I had it right through labor, and even the week after. Thankfully, it went away shortly after Debra was born.
You look awesome! I remember being at that stage (all of a month ago!), but now it seems so far away. I will be praying your little guy makes his appearance this week! I can't wait to see him in his little newborn clothes as well!
You do look so good! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see the little guy and hear your birth story. I'll stand in line at MDB to hold him. ;) Good luck!
I'm betting on Friday being the big day. Then he & I will have the same bday! 2/25/11. Doesn't that sound like a great day to have a baby? Good luck. The end is near.
Darnit... I hoped that, when you weren't at church on Sunday, you were in the hospital! I hope it's done soon, you poor girl! Let me know if I can help you!!
Post a Comment