Friday, November 5, 2010

Pregnancy Update: 23 Weeks

How Far Along:
23 Weeks! Time is slipping away quickly and we have less than halfway to go. Still so much to do, though!
Maternity Clothes:
Oh, sheesh. I have been able to get away with wearing my non-maternity clothes - especially to church - without many problems. But this last week I have been so miserable that I have been searching everywhere for new maternity clothes that won't cost me a fortune. My favorite new pajamas for now are Phil's t-shirt and warm-up pants, but from here on out I will have to put the non-maternity clothes away until the Spring!
Best Moment This Week:
Within the last week or so, both Jack and Henry have been able to feel the baby move. I told Jack to put his hand on my tummy and hold still. At first he didn't notice anything, then all of a sudden his eyebrows shot up, his eyes got really big and he was grinning ear to ear! It was magical to see both him and Henry connect with the baby that way.
Gender:
Boy #3 and we are still struggling with a name. Nothing sounds just right!
Movement:
He is a kicker! He is awake as long as I am. It makes me feel a special connection to him and I am happy for the reassurance that he is there.
Food Craving:
I love chocolate! Hershey's Almond Kisses are a personal favorite. I also seem to make a lot of Mexican food lately, although I think that phase may be on its way out.
What I Miss:
I still miss running, but I have really enjoyed being able to workout at the gym every day throughout this pregnancy. That was a big no-no with the twins!
Sleep:
I am sleeping better this week, I think partly because I have been sick and completely worn out. I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow!
What I Am Looking Forward To:
Getting the new nursery in order. Now that I have finished the downstairs/play area for the boys, I can start focusing on the baby's room, and the boys' room, too. Lots to do there, people. Lots to do.
Symptoms:
Heartburn! I have learned the hard way (a few times over) that I cannot survive a day without Prevacid. It's a lifesaver.

4 comments:

BossyMommy said...

Whoa. You're up early! I like the part where Jack's face lit up feeling the baby move. I can totally picture it. Love that little boy. :)

Sarah Robbins said...

I carry TUMS in my purse. . . I learned the hard way what happens when I don't!

You're looking so great! Isn't it nice to hit that half-way mark?! He'll be here before you know it.

Anjanette said...

Jenna! You look awesome.
I love that you are so vigilant about taking pregnancy pictures & giving us updates (something which has seriously taken a back seat for me this time around).

What is it about Mexican food?!?! MMMMM! So good. I made your red sauce enchiladas & rice this week and they were divine!

Cherylyn said...

Awesome! I know you're miserable at times, but you never look it. You make pregnancy look good, baby!

A tip I learned for heartburn is to put 1 tsp apple cider vinegar in 1/2 cup of water and drink it. It works like a charm, and very quickly :)