Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Lesson In Self Control

Oh, sorry, did you think I was going to give you a lesson in self control? Ha, not so, my friend.

I am struggling to NOT purchase/do/take part in the following indulgences. So far I have succeeded, but there are no guarantees through the weekend. Seriously, none.

I have been drooling over these cute little taupe flats on Macys.com for the past several days. I even went to the store to try them on, where, as is my luck, they didn't carry them. They are on sale for $29.99, but I go back and forth over the advantages and disadvantages of having them through the snowy Utah winter. Still, so cute though, right?
More online shopping... Christmas season brings with it a lot of temptation for me, one of the biggest being seasonal pajamas. I have no idea why! It was never a tradition for us to have Christmas pajamas growing up or get a new pair on Christmas Eve, like a lot of folk do, but I find myself feeling a need for them every year, and I think this maternity set from The Gap are especially cute. Trying not to buy them....

I have been to The Gap and tried on this dress 3 different times. The color is striking, the quality is fantastic, and it's not black (the best part) but it is a purple dress, and how many times will I wear it before I grow tired of it? Is it worth the $60? I think I've talked myself out of it once and for all after trying it on again today, and finding a cute little black wrap dress (black, blah!) for only $20 instead. It was a steal I couldn't pass up. Hopefully I will be satisified enough with my purchase to not go into hysterics every Sunday morning while dressing for church, as has been the pattern for the last few weeks. Phil is a saint.

I am doing my best to only drink one of these each day. Generally, I have no desire to drink soda, in fact the idea of any soda other than this marvel is completely nauseating. But have you HAD Ruby Red Squirt? It's like a drug! I have always loved Squirt anyway, this stuff just takes it to the next level. Excuse me while I go pour myself a glass...

I had a really hard time not climbing back into this beauty this morning. With its memory foam mattress and fluffy down comforter, I had to completely avoid my room this morning or I would have jumped right in after the gym and been completely unproductive today! (Side note: I was still unproductive today, but at least I showered!)


This isn't necessarily a problem, but I have the hardest time not kissing this cute little mug all day and wanting to hold him after some wretched kid at the gym daycare totally clawed up his face yesterday. And for the record, I had the hardest time not killing the kid that did this and chewing out his mother as well.


I just want to kiss this face because it's cute, plus he tells me "Thank you, mom" and "Mom, I like you" about 100 times a day, how can I not suffocate him with kisses and hugs?

And perhaps hardest of all, I am really struggling to not miss this handsome man while he is away on a fly fishing trip with his dad. They flew up to Idaho for the weekend and left me here to fend for myself with the twinners. I hope they have a fantastic and memorable experience, but I will have to work hard not to miss my boy while he is gone. Isn't he just so cute? And he can fly that plane, too, which is just plain sexy.
Aaah, here's to a long weekend...

4 comments:

Anne said...

1. Get the shoes and the jammies.
2. Skip the dress.
3. Have as much Ruby Red Squirt as your preggo heart desires.
4. Give both of those boys all the kisses and hugs they can stand, and then one from me because even though I don't know them, I adore their precious little faces.

:)

elizabeth said...

I love the shoes, and think you would definitely get your money's worth in the spring, and for several years to come. They're classic. Get 'em! Sorry about Henry's altercation. Why do the gentle ones always get picked on? I love Jack's face with his little scrunchy eyes -- they always seem to be smiling.

Sarah Robbins said...

I think you should get the shoes. Before long, you will need the slip ons, and they will make you so happy even when you can't see your feet.

Sign up for GAP on facebook and you can get coupons for 30% off or 40% off of one item. Then you can get the dress. :) Or it will go on sale soon, hopefully. . .

Riki Lee said...

Ah, yes, the Sunday-morning-pregnant-and-can't-find-anything-to-wear hysterics. Know them well. Hate them too. BTW, I love your toile bedspread. And I can't believe your more than half way through your pregnancy!