Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Reminiscing

I reminisced over these pictures for a while this afternoon. And I cried. Like, a lot. I suppose there are several reasons for my emotions to be so intense on the subject of babies, especially my babies. Perhaps it's because they don't come easily for us. It might be because we will likely have fewer than I have always wished for. Maybe it's because they grow up too, too fast. Or because the joy that began in the moments they took their first breaths has increased infinitely up to now.
I love my boys. I love their dad.
My heart is so full of gratitude for what I have been given
that I cry unexpectedly over it sometimes.
We are truly blessed.


I don't mind shedding tears of joy.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anne said...

Beautiful, Jenna. Your boys are precious!!!

Anjanette said...

I love the babies...but there is something extra special about the first picture. scared. confident. excited. nervous.

You two make cute babies.

Unknown said...

I love reading your posts about your kids!!! Thanks for loving them so much. You are such a great example to me. It's kind of scary having kids and it makes me feel so much better to read all the things you put on your blog about how much you love being a mother. Thank You!!!

Vicki said...

I just love you!!! You are such a genuine, caring, sensitive, uplifting, wonderful girl. Thanks for the sweet sentiments about your joy of being a mom. Motherhood is the best and the reward is growing your own very best friends. Kisses.... Vicki