I am so glad my boys love reading books more than watching movies. I took them to the library today and it provided a better reaction than a candy store. It made me proud.
At the library, we checked out Michael Jackson's Greatest Hits DVD. Since then we have watched "Beat It" twice. Jack and Henry both love Michael Jackson. I don't mind one bit.
I also checked out a book on George Washington, a book on Martha Washington, and the book 1776. I want to learn something this weekend and celebrate the 4th by feeling a little more patriotic and grateful for the inspiration of our Forefathers.
I bought a 20-pound bag of potatoes at Costco and in an effort to eat them before spoiling, I started eating one for lunch every day. Now that's all I want to eat. I eat baked potatoes for lunch and dinner every day. This will be the Summer of the Baked Potato.
I also love Slurpees. It makes 97 degrees much easier to handle. The Summer of Baked Potatoes and Slurpees. I've had more of both in the past few weeks than I can count.
I feel like the better part of my life is spent washing, folding and ironing laundry. Little boys sure can get dirty. Fast.
I love spending time with my family. I can't remember the last time I did something with friends. No GNO's, no play dates, no breaks from reality. I love my little nuclear family. Lately, I've felt like I don't really need anything else.
Phil has amazed me in the past few weeks. I have relied on his faith and optimism deeply. I am so lucky to have him. In the first few weeks of our marriage, I realized that he understood me and knew best how to handle me, better than anyone else in my life up to that point. I still stand by that. It means a lot to me for my intentions to be understood and not misinterpreted.
During the past 3 weeks, the boys and I have gone to the pool with Pam half a dozen times. On Friday, we stayed there almost 6 hours. I love it. I am so grateful for a mother-in-law who doubles as a best friend, whose generosity and patience are unsurpassed. She never gets tired of us, at least she never lets on that she does. I really lucked out with all of my in-laws, right down to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd cousins, and beyond...
I secretly wish I could have twins again.
I really want some patio furniture outside. I never really have cared before this year, now it's all I think about, especially when dinner time comes around.
I don't like pets. I cried when Phil bought Ollie for the boys. But now I love him, mostly because he is such a great friend to the boys. They lay on him, wrestle him, sit on his head and stick their hands in his mouth. He is completely mellow. Plus, he makes the boys laugh so hard, it just makes me happy, as long as I don't have to clean up after him.
(This video is of Ollie digging after a mouse during our hike last week. It was endless entertainment for all of us, and the twins laughing is classic.)
3 comments:
i love your thoughts. i love these types of posts. its reality. don't we all have a million thoughts about everything. everyday.
happy potato summer! i'm coming up there on friday. we'll have to meet up.
We love having you in our family, too. You are a wonderful mother!
How could I possibly get tired of you or the boys? It isn't possible!
I secretly wish you could have twins again, too...:)
Ditto gramma Smith: you are a great mother and a great friend!
Wasn't the trip great? I think we make a good team on the road. I am glad to have you are the phone-nazi. It is necessary.
Love you- ma
Post a Comment