Saturday, November 7, 2009

Happy Trails!

I've spent half my day on some of the beautiful Utah trails that are just minutes from our house. I feel so lucky to live in such breathtaking surroundings, and the weather has really been conducive to outdoor adventures. We're enjoying it while it lasts.
After my long morning run on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, Phil and I took the boys further up the canyon for a kid-friendly hike. The weather was magnificent and the boys were in heaven. We hiked along the creek, saw lots of plants and trees and had a picnic on a blanket of colorful leaves and grass.




The boys love climbing on rocks, throwing rocks, kicking rocks, you get the idea. Today was no exception. Henry requested their picture be taken on this rock. They didn't have to twist my arm!

I love days like these with my little family. Nature is so refreshing and renewing.
My friend wrote an article in the paper about the Bonneville Shoreline Trail and took some pictures while we were up there running last week. Check it out here: The Daily Herald. The trail offers a great run, intense workout and incredible views of the valley. I knew nothing of it until we ran it last week. Another hidden treasure right in our backyard!

1 comment:

Riki Lee said...

Jenna, I need your mailing address. Will you email it to me at rslyman@gmail.com? Thanks!