To say I was not prepared for Halloween would be an understatement. I had Phil finally haul out our bin of decor the morning of Halloween, I was forcing borrowed costumes on the boys 15 minutes after we were supposed to meet our cousins for Trick-or-Treating, I forgot to bring the camera for the boys' first Trick-or-Treating experience and I didn't even dress up. Oh well, I suppose some years are just like that, right? In spite of my lack of preparedness, we still managed to have a great time and make the most of the season.
We went to my niece's school program where she sang and danced with the rest of her classmates. Livvi was kind enough to let Henry get a picture with her after her performance. She was the cutest little Asian princess ever.
Whenever I would ask the boys what they wanted to be for Halloween, they told me "ghosts." Easy enough. I cut up white sheets on Halloween morning, but when I tried to put them over their heads they ran in the opposite direction screaming, writhing and throwing a fit. Awesome. Phil's mom rounded up some old Ninja costumes from Aunt Julie and I had to work some magic to get the boys to put them on, just minutes before we headed out the door. Once they saw other kids running around with candy and costumes, they were all about it! We trick-or-treated with our cousins, and it was so delightful to watch four little 2-year-olds running door to door saying "Trick or Treat!" then being completely elated over every piece of candy. It made this one of my favorite Halloweens of all time! I can't wait until next year when they actually anticipate the event, rather than fight me on it. 

No comments:
Post a Comment