Friday, August 7, 2009

"I See the Temple!"

This is Jack's exclamation every time we drive by the Provo temple. He can spot it from a mile away! So after a fun-filled picnic at the Rock Canyon Park with Auntie Jacey and her kids, we stopped off at the temple grounds so the boys could explore and run around. There was no way I was letting this BEAUTIFUL weather go to waste!

They ran around like two wild kids, with their arms up in the air, chasing each other and bouncing from one side of the grounds to the other. They were so happy!

The fountains were obviously the highlight of the whole experience for the boys. They kept dipping their fingers in and squealing at the water as it rose and fell.
The best part of the day was when I was showing them the Angel Moroni. I asked, "What is the angel doing?" and Jack quickly responded, "Shoot the gun!"
I had to explain it was a trumpet, not a gun. I guess that wouldn't make much sense if the Angel Moroni was shooting a gun at the top of the temple...

5 comments:

Anjanette said...

a gun...of course.

James said...

isnt there a sign on the grounds that says

"Don't pick the flowers"

~James

Ja said...

lol--awesome! makes me miss the great state of utah.

three pinkies said...

How did you keep the boys from jumping in the fountain?
The temple grounds always look amazing! They must water a lot more than I do.

theProvidentWoman said...

Great pictures! I love that kids don't know a lot about temples but they all love to be around them.

I love finding other LDS families' blogs.