Sunday, May 17, 2009

All or Nothing

If you know me well, you know that in most aspects of my life I am an all-or-nothing kind of gal. Blogging, lately, has been no exception. I have no time to dedicate to blogging because I am dedicating ALL of my time to our current remodeling projects. I want our house to be beautifully updated sooner than later, so I am giving it my all and, consequently, giving nothing to most other departments of life. No offense meant to anyone if I have missed your email, voice message, text message, failed to comment on your blog or just haven't talked to you in a while. The sooner we get our projects done around here, the smoother life will be for our family (details on the remodel will emerge when - you got it - we're finished!).

Anyhoo, I have emerged a few times to enjoy something other than demo-ing the basement, and here are a few of the things we did...

Big Family Home Evening (held monthly with my siblings) at the park. Oh man, check out this view! It was a great time, thanks to Jacey for planning it for us. We threw frisbees, footballs, ate pizza and subs and even made a few impromptu music videos that are being held as blackmail (Bethany, if you post yours I'll post mine!).
Went to lunch on a whim at Olivia's Bistro. That's OLIVIA'S BISTRO in Spanish Fork. One word: AMAZING! It was de-lish, seriously. I think we spent the whole time talking about the good food, shabby chic/French ambience, and the grandma's attic-like boutique. We hardly had a minute to catch up on each other's lives! I guess we'll have to return, like pronto. Loved, loved, loved it.
And how could we not when they seat us in booths like this (other booths were covered in black/white toile fabric):
And decorate our table like this:

And feed us fine pasta dishes like this (Pasta Rotini... ooooh mamma):
If you live in the area, go there now! It is the cutest place for a Girls Night Out, because it's located in the Primrose Retreat, so you go get manis and pedis with your girlfriends then walk across the hall to this restaurant with a French-trained Chef who busts out these incredibly flavorful French/Italian/Russian masterpieces. And while you wait for your food you can either go crazy over the decor or shop in their little boutique that carries everything from make-up to home decor trinkets to baby strollers. And afterwards, for dessert, you can eat a Baby Cake Cupcake and choose from non-traditional flavors like Lemon Meringue or Bavarian Creme. I swear they didn't pay me to write all this.

Back to the subject at hand... We captured some cute pics of the boys. These pictures were too cute not to share. What little hams! These boys get ALL of my attention ALL day and I love it. They make me so happy and keep me laughing.

If you're still reading our blog, we thank you for your loyalty. We are still alive and anxious to get back in touch with reality just as soon as the carpet is laid...

3 comments:

Anjanette said...

can't wait to see those remodeling pics.

three pinkies said...

I hope all the remodels go as planned and things are back to normal for you soon!!
Good Luck!

MARIE said...

Ya, can't wait to see pics of the remod.