On Wednesday, we went to Disneyland! I love Disneyland and can't believe I'm spoiled enough to go there with the boys two years in a row. This was Phil's very first visit and he actually liked it more than any of us thought he would. The weather was perfect, there were hardly any lines and the boys were well-behaved. And while we weren't able to ride all of the huge rides, we were able to get on the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Carribbean (twice), Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, Soarin' Over California, Grizzly Rapids and lots of kids rides. It was totally fun, and we lasted from 9am to 9pm, along with Hillary and her three kids. We went home completely exhausted that night.
Our first ride was the Finding Nemo Submarine ride. That was our longest wait of the day at 15 minutes! Jack and Henry love that movie, so it kept their attention very well.
We took the boys on the Small World ride. I hadn't been on that ride since I was a kid, mostly because the music is so annoying, but Jack and Henry loved it. It was chaos in there, but it kept their attention for the entire time. Henry was mad when we had to get off the boat!
While dad and Auntie Hill went on the Soarin' Over California ride, I took pictures of the boys outside one of the shops. Jack was really excited about it! Actually, he wanted to ride on one of the decorative airplanes inside the shop and was mad when I explained why he couldn't.
of Main Street. What a great day! Big thanks to Hillary for getting us in and staying with us the whole day! We loved it!
Our last day in California was incredibly relaxing. We had no agenda and took our time getting ready to leave. That night we headed out to the pier at Huntington Beach where we grabbed a bite to eat at Ruby's, saw dolphins swim past us, and watched over a dozen surfers try to catch a wave. It was windy and chilly, but so gorgeous. I can't wait for our next vacation!
11 comments:
Ok, you can ignore my text about wanting to hear about your trip. I think this covers it. I am so glad you guys got to do this! Looks like you had a fantastic time. You got some great pictures, too. Good luck with that whole getting-back-to-reality thing.
wow! I can't believe you stayed for a whole 12 hours!!!! You guys are amazing. It was such a treat to see you & your family. Can't wait for you to head our way again (although I'm thinkin' we'll be heading your way before then).
Jenna,
What a fun trip for your family! I can't believe that Phil had never been to Disneyland! Love that place!
Thanks, for sharing your good times and cute photos!
Love you,
Auntie Donna
How fun!!!!!
I wish we were going, even if the people in LA think cashmere comes from a cow (the one with the tusks!). ;p
man i miss those boys like crazy! and you guys too, of course. we are driving up the thursday before and going straight to oak city. you will get a kick out of gracie. she's the best balance of sassy and funny without being a brat. can't wait to see you!
You guys look great, California looks like a blast specially if you have great weather. Fun pictures! Have a great May! Ale
It looks like you guys had a great trip! As I stare out my window at a thunderstorm I am dang jealous!
okay I am so jealous and pouting right now. (not really)
what a fun vacation! i browsed through your pictures and felt RELIEF as if I was in cali too!
your boys have REALLY grown up, WOW. I can't believe it!
What a great trip for your little family!! Those twins have to be the cutest little guys I've ever seen!! Love you- Aunt Gail
What a great trip for your little family!! Those twins have to be the cutest little guys I've ever seen!! Love you- Aunt Gail
Love the pic of the two little heads peering through the dark "portholes"...mysterious. Tyson LOVED the small world ride when he was little. The song ran through my head for months afterwards - well ok, meybe only weeks. Looks like you had a terrific time. Good memories all around.
Post a Comment