Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Creations

Our bright, red tulips decided to show up just in time for Easter. We transplanted these last year, and seeing them bloom each day makes me delightfully happy. Spring has sprung!

I came across a recipe for these sinful little treats at Prudence Pennywise. The process was simple enough, I just had to try it out. Piece of cake! My decorating skills could use a little work, but Jack and Henry won't care, I'm sure of it. They are chocolate-covered peanut butter eggs with buttercream piping. So cute, right? And oh so good...
And finally, it just wouldn't be spring without coloring a few eggs! Jack and Henry helped me with these today, they were totally fascinated. If they only knew what was in store for tomorrow when they'll be participating in their very first (egg) hunt! Hey, hunting is hunting.
Luckily for me, I won't have to mount these eggs on my wall.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Jenna,
I love tulips..they are my favorite flower! If I could have yellow tulips year round I would be so grateful! I loved your eggs, too. Having children around during the holidays,is so nice!
Best to you and your family!
Happy Easter,
Auntie Donna

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

but if you could mount those eggs (which, by all hunting rights have the equal opportunity to be mounted), what might that look like? only you could figure out a way for that to be done. love you!! :)

three pinkies said...

The eggs you made look delicious! I mean the chocolate ones, no one around here eats hard boiled so we don't get to color!
Mounting eggs is a request we haven't heard of yet! We did get one for a hamster though...