Friday, April 10, 2009

Birthday Business

I know, I know, it's been over a week since the boys' birthday and I am still rambling on about it! I just have to share pictures from the festivities. This birthday truly has been "the birthday that keeps on giving!" We started with a joint celebration with Aunt Bethy while my mom was in town, then celebrated on the actual day, and then again last Sunday with Phil's family. Needless to say, the boys CLEANED UP with toys, clothes, puzzles and parties! Thank you to everyone who showed a little love on their special day!


For the boys' actual birthday, I had a little shin-dig at Chuck E. Cheese's with Aunt Bethy, Braddock, Emmalee, Amy and her daughter, Millie, and Auntie Lyssa. Initially the boys were a bit frightened by the large singing animals and loud music, but they warmed up to the idea once they got the hang of all the games and rides. It was a great party, thanks to all who came (especially Amy and Millie who were invited about 20 minutes beforehand)!

Braddock, Millie, Henry and Jack. We all love these friends!
Bethy, Braddock and Emmalee
Miss Mille - this is the funnest little girl, she is always up for anything! She knows no stranger and she can out-play, out-speak, and out-eat Jack and Henry any day of the week. She was a great addition to the birthday party!
Naturally, Braddock and Henry gravitated toward the game with guns. They look like pros!
And Jack gravitated toward the motorcycle ride. I think we spent about 10 tokens on this ride alone.


Jack and Henry stomped on the spiders for a while. They got the hang of it in no time at all and loved it!

Henry and I shootin' some hoops.

That night, Phil and I took the boys rock climbing at the local rock climbing gym. Kids climb free! It was the perfect excuse to go. I am not sure why, but kids must be natural-born climbers. Jack and Henry knew exactly what to do and climbed up and down this wall for 45 minutes. Phil would tell them, "Put your foot here! Grab the red rock!" and we would encourage them with lots of "good job's". After a while, as the boys would climb, they would exclaim, "Foot! Hand! Good job!" It was a perfect activity. Thanks, Amy, for the idea!

We finished off the night with a trip to Coldstone. I'm going to teach these boys early what good ice cream tastes like! I am so happy to have the boys growing into such a fun stage of life. They learn quickly and love to be active. They keep us on our toes, but we wouldn't have it any other way.More birthday pictures HERE.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Man, they look so big! All grown up. I haven't seen them in forever. How about we get together next week for dinner or something- just you guys and us. . .and the kids? Is there a night that works for you?

Claytie and Suzie said...

What cute pictures! I love the rock-climbing ones! They are so grown up!

Donna said...

Jenna,
What a fun time for all of you! So, glad you are so close to your sisters! Happy Birthday, again, Jack and Henry!
Love,
Auntie Donna