Last year we started the tradition of going to Oak City for New Year's Eve. We also held our first annual Holmes Family Showcase Spectacular last year, a tradition that carried over to this year as well. It's basically a talent show where she show off all our goofy and hidden talents, and it's pretty hilarious. All in all, we had a nice getaway for New Year's this year.
Grandpa got a remote controlled airplane for all the boys of the family that they enjoyed all week. It got stuck on the roof once or twice, so when Grandpa got on the roof to get it, he took Jack with him.
But if you do something for one boy, you have to do it for the other or you get this action:
Henry loves his Grandpa and he loved his one-on-one tour of the Oak City house roof. Just look at the satisfaction on that kid's face!
All the grandkids loved being toted around on the 4-wheelers. Phil and I were the chauffers. At one time we had four babies on there all together! We rode around the property for a long time and they still fussed when it was time to get down. I love how Lilly has her arm around Henry's shoulders. I told her to hold onto him so he didn't fall off.
Jack became very attached to his Gramma over the break. He still randomly walks through our house or wakes up from naps calling, "Gramma!" They have a special bond.
1 comment:
Looks like you had a great New Year! It's good you were flying the plane in Oak City, it would have been lost in the snow up here.
My kids call me Grandma after they've spent time with either of the Grandmas. I guess that's only fair since I often mix up their names!
Post a Comment