Saturday, January 24, 2009

2008 Summed Up

I've seen this survey on some other blogs, and I like it, plus I haven't done one in a while. So here is my 2008 summed up in the following responses.
Where did you begin 2008?
In Oak City with the Holmes fam after our highly entertaining 1st Annual Showcase Spectacular!
What was your status by Valentine's Day?
Officially 28 years old, nothing exciting.
Were you in school (anytime this year)?
No, thank goodness.
Did you have to go to the hospital?
No, and for that I am grateful.
Did you have any encounters with the police?
Me? Never!
Where did you go on vacation?
Moses Lake, Washington, Arizona, and Huntington Beach, California - so fun!
What did you purchase that was over $500?
A minivan... I know, I never thought I would either. And more importantly, we installed Central Air in our house!
Did you know anybody who got married?
Brady and Mary - hooray!
Did you know anybody who passed away?
Grandpa Jack Smith, it was an overall very mournful yet spiritual experience for me.
Did you move anywhere?
Nope, still where we like to be.
What sporting events did you attend?
BYU football game
What concerts/shows did you go to?
None that I can think of .
Where do you live now?
In a place I'd like to live for a while longer.
Describe your birthday:
I made a big dinner with manicotti and pie and had two of my sisters and family over. They give me a hard time about having gone to all the trouble for my own birthday dinner, but I love having them around, it was worth it!
What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2008?
Own a minivan, become a canning fanatic, brave 96 degree weather for a full day at Disneyland with barely one-year old twins!
What has been your favorite moment(s)?
The week we spent in California was fabulous, I loved being back in Arizona for Thanksgiving, and Phil now has every other Friday off so I really enjoy that time with him.
What's something you learned about yourself?
I feel a little more grown-up, my perspective is improving, and parenting twin toddlers is exhausting!
Any new additions to your family?
No, our hands are full for the time being!
What was your best month?
I loved May: the weather, the vacation and the time spent with so much family.
What music will you remember 2008 by?

Bleeding Love, Realize by Colbie Callait, all the songs from my gym classes
Made new friends?
I've made several at the gym, and strengthened other relationships.
Any regrets?
I wish we worked more on home improvement projects.
What would you change about 2008?
Nothing, I think it was a very eventful year.
What did you like most about 2008?

Being able to spend so much time with family and having the boys get to a point where they are fun to take places.
Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
In the car!
Change your hairstyle?
Not really, I went much blonder in the summer but came back to what works best, like I always do.
Get a new job?
No, I'm good.
How old did you turn this year?
28
Do you have a New Year's resolution?
I have several, I love the new year for that reason!
What was your favorite purchase?
Ironically, the minivan. 
Did you get sick this year?
We were much less sick this year than the year before.
Start a new hobby?
Canning, gardening, cooking more.
What are you wishing for in 2009?
To work on some home improvement projects, can lots of goodies, and decorate the house up a little more.

2 comments:

Anjanette said...

Sounds like a fabulous 2008. Especially the part about going to so. cal for a week. How 'bout it for 2009 too? Your boys could be one of the first to meet their new cousin (sometimes I forget that I'm going to be busy with a baby this summer).

three pinkies said...

What a great way to remember last year! I might have to try that.