Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saddle Up, Partner!

Yesterday we headed up to Rodger and Mara's house (Phil's aunt and uncle) to visit with family and ride some horses. It was such a pleasant afternoon! I especially loved putting the boys on a horse for the first time ever.
Henry was a little apprehensive at first, but by the end he was pushing Phil's supportive hand away and feeling very independent. I think he could get used to riding a horse more often.

Jack, on the other hand, was pretty frightened. Poor kid, we put him up there anyway! He wanted nothing to do with riding on his own, but once he saw me up there, he was all about it. I even let him hold the reins for a bit.

I think they might be the next Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid, don't you?

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

your boys are so cute! Looks like you have been out enjoying all the beautiful fall weather, we miss it. Looks like fun though!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

You should read my friend Emily C. From my sidebar's recent post.

Bree said...

You guys look great up there. How fun! Your boys are so cute! I found your blog on facebook. Yay!

Joe and Laura said...

Oh Jenna, I love kids and horses, it's so fun. So I take it you didn't go the reunion, I din't either. But there was an after party that was so fun. I'll post pictures later. Love ya!

Unknown said...

I love it. I have to say, I am impressed with you Jenna. I would ride a horse by myself, but I would not trust my horse skills and ride with my baby. I would get one or both of us killed. I would have to leave that to Danjee.