
Are the elections over with yet?
I mean, seriously, it is painful to endure. I wish I could curl up in a ball in my dark, quiet closet and hide for the next three weeks. I don't think I can stand to hear Barack Obama's voice one more time. I am afraid to think of what might happen to this country if he becomes the next President of it. I am in a constant state of anxiety over these dad-gum elections.
Why does the media have so much power and why, for the love, are people falling for their stunts? I just don't get it. At least we know if Obama is elected, the Millenium will probably happen shortly after...
7 comments:
I'm just glad the debates are over. Watching them is like beating your head against a wall.
AMEN to that! I was telling Mason that same thing last night- Obama is totally the media's candidate. . .if we could get behind his obvious talent for speaking and listen to what he is really saying we would realize how radically different this country would be . . . it would socialism. Scary.
Oh, I love the evites. . .but you should change the host to you and me. . .I can assure you Mason will not be making the cookies. . .he will just be a guest. And I still have to convince him to dress up!
THANK YOU! Anth and I didn't watch the debate because it is SO frustrating. I'm not going to change my vote by watching the debates, ...so why watch??
GO PALIN!
I know exactly how you feel. Check this site out http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=194983
RIDICULOUS!
can't wait for the next three weeks to be done with! Oh, and I love the pictures you took of your little boys. So cute!
I don't have an opinion about your post, as my political values on facebook state, "I pay no attention to politics" but I did want to say that I think it is so awesome that you are planning this Halloween Party for all of the cousins! I think it will be a blast and I hope I can make it. Honestly, I think it is so great! Thanks!
Jenna,
Please dont take this the wrong way, but I have to offer up a voice of dissent. I have been reading your blog, along with many other family members whom I love and respect, for quite some time now and have become a little disturbed regarding the vehement disdain for Obama that seems to be contnually discussed on everyone's blog.
Could you please tell me why, exactly, the election of Barrack Obama would lead to the apocalypse? I fail to see the connection.
I personally am not to impressed with what the last 8 years of republican domination have led to. And while I am an Obama supporter, I am not so naive as to think that McCain winning the election would result in the downfall of our great nation simply because I disagree with his policies.
I often hear many republicans deriding Obama and saying things like what you have posted that basically amount to saying that he is 'crazy' and his election would lead to our downfall as a civilization.
However, I have yet to hear a good rationale behind such reasoning. So if you would be willing to inform crazy people such as myself, who seem to have been hypnotized by the logical argument of Obama and his campaign, why exactly I am crazy for buying into his policies, I would love to hear them.
Again, please dont take this the wrong way. I am not trying to provoke an argument or say that you are wrong for supporting McCain. There are a lot of things I admire about him, I just disagree with his basic policies. The intent of this comment is just to try and find out what, exactly, makes him so 'crazy'. If you dont feel that it's worth you time to try and convince me why I am crazy, that's fine. There are many more important things in life than politics:) The last thing in the world I want is to make you (and probably the rest of the Holmes clan) hate me because I choose not to vote for McCain. So please consider this an invitation for open political discussion, rather than an assault on your beliefs.
On a much more important topic, I cant believe how big your boys have gotten! I really love seeing all the pictures you post on here of the family. Hope all is well out there. Say hi to Phil and the family for me.
Much Love,
Jaron
Jenna-
I had a friend post a very liberal article on her post. It sent my mind racing and my heart pounding. I just thought I would share the comment I left on her blog. Maybe it can help clear up a "conservative's" point of view to a liberal minded person.
Oh my, Tasha! You have really hit a tender spot with me, and with some of your other friends it seems too. It's good to have passion in politics. It's America and I support the right to vote freely. I also realize the fine line it could cross between good friends. I hope this comes across as just good conversation and insight, not anything else.
I stronly believe that in this day and age (because wickedness has become so "tolerated") that politics, church, and friends must be intertwined. What we believe in MUST be the core of who we are. I will no longer seperate my political beliefs with my social crowd, and ESPECIALLY never with my church.
I love all of my friends, even my liberal friends, and always will...but I must stand and stand tall for what I believe to be righteousness. I don't care who the candidate is, but I will always vote CONSERVATIVE. The democratic/liberal platform stands strongly for handouts, abortions, big government, and gay/lesbian marriage, and weak military actions. I believe two of Satan's greatest tools for breaking up the family is gay marriage and preventing valiant spirits to come down to this earth (abortion).
I can't say I love McCain, but I love Sarah Palin. She stands for more conservatism than McCain. I want this country to be rewarded for career success, not involve ourselves in "distribution of the wealth." I want this country to find their own way in life, and not be so quick to hold their hand out for welfare. What I hear Obama saying (in my own interpretaion) is "I'll make things easy for all of you, I'll give you what you need for free health care, free college, free access to America, free rights to everything." And of course lazy, poor Americans (which is what our generation has turned into) loves to hear that.
Gosh, I wonder if I should just erase this comment. But I think America is not about HAVING everything we want. We must work for what we have, sacrifice, and be able to keep our money that we earn instead of giving it to the people that decided to stay home and not go to college to earn a decent job. (that's a generalization I know, but you get the point?)
Hmmm.....my mind is stirring. I have so many more thoughts, but will leave my jibberish thoughts as is. I hope it made some sense. I hope everyone will vote for who they think is best.
Post a Comment