Phil and I resolved to attend at least one of our local high school football games this year. Last week we went up to Provo to watch them play Timpview. It probably wasn't the best game to watch (we were down 40-0 at halftime and ultimately lost 57-12), but it was exciting to cheer and yell for our Red Devils!
The boys and I wore all red and blue to support our team.
Henry cheering "Go, go, go!" for the team. He loves football, and always yells at the TV when there's a game on. I'm afraid for all the other things he has learned from me.
The best part about the game was when we arrived. The bleachers on our side were packed, but it was almost completely silent. Sure, our team was behind, but still, shouldn't the fans be cheering anyway? So, being the loudmouth that I am when it comes to sports, I started cheering really loud. My first attempt got me a lot of weird looks and even some mean glares, but that didn't stop me. By the end of the game, the entire back row had joined me (it happened to be the family of the offensive coordinator). I think many others joined us, too. I would vow to not miss another game just so the team had someone cheering for them!
1 comment:
You are so photogenic! I love all these pictures! And I love Jack's face on the horse. So funny!
Post a Comment