Thursday, September 4, 2008

Still Winding Down

Last week I had the chance to watch Bryce for a few hours. The boys loved having a new friend to play with and our backyard was a perfect place to keep them entertained. At one point, I was taking turns swinging them in the hammock. Henry and Bryce loved it and when I tried to take them out, they had panic attacks. Here is the cutest picture ever of two cousins in a hammock together:
And here's the video of it (it's a little shakey from me swinging and recording at the same time):

In other news, the boys and I are still really enjoying our down time after a very busy summer. Last week we went to our first ever ward party up the canyon (for some reason we always miss those). I am in love with Henry's face in this picture.
The weather has been cool enough for us to spend most of our day outside and watch the airplanes flying overhead. Jack can spot them from a mile away and he calls them a "tractor" - anything with an engine is a tractor to him.
My sisters and I are getting ready to can pears and peaches this weekend, and we made our first batch of peach fruit leather today, something that takes me back to being a kid again, and I love feeling like a kid again! And I can't wait to tackle this next canning project. I'm all about canning lately.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh they're looking so old! I guess that makes sense b/c Wes is too, it's just weird, huh? They're so super cute!

three pinkies said...

I'm impressed with all you are doing!
I've never had homemade fruit leather, only the store bought stuff. And although I don't bottle I have made freezer jam. It's costs more than store bought but it sure tastes better!

Miranda Townsend said...

Uh...how cute is that picture! Also...I'm REALLY going to need that recipe for bread that you have - it was too amazing and I'm still thinking about it 4 days later!

The Lamb's said...

Your boys are getting so big! They are absolutely adorable and I love reading your blog - keep it up. I really need to make a trip down there sometime and see you guys. It's been forever hasn't it? Oh and ditto to the last comment about wanting your bread recipe. I stink at making bread, but I keep trying because I love it so much. Peace out!
-Nicole

Alyssa said...

I read stuff like that and wish I had a back yard for my kids to go play in. They look so cute. . .and big! Where did the time go! And, I'm totally impressed you know how to can. Yep, I don't. I should know how to do it. . .but I don't. Something I should probably learn someday.

The Tate's said...

SO I have been a little out of it this summer. But your boys are getting so big and as cute as ever. Love the picture of them looking at the planes...too cute!!

Unknown said...

Tis the canning season. Em and I are getting ready to can peaches, pears, raspberries and apples. We are going to be canning fools I tell ya!!!

Natalie said...

Those boys are darling! I only wish I had the time/energy/babysitters/permission to can. But there's a season for all things....mine will come one day. I fell in love with canning last year. Good luck and have fun!