Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Water Park, Oak City and A Rodeo

I love summer and all of the fun that comes with it: swimming, vacations, rodeos, all the City Days around the state, and we have been taking advantage of all of it! It has been a little warmer and more humid than usual, but the weather hasn't slowed us down at all. I'm glad our boys will grow up knowing how to have a good time.
Last week we went to the water park with cousins, aunts and grandparents. The boys loved the water, especially Jack. He was really mad that I wouldn't turn him loose in the pool and let him swim on his own! I'm going to have to watch out for this kid.

Over the weekend we went to Oak City, our favorite cherished home away from home. Aunt Lisa and I took the boys on the four-wheelers and rode around town. They are obsessed with four-wheelers, I'm sure they will have their own mini-quads before long, and I absolutely think they should. Phil put the boys in a wagon and to avoid having to pull it all over the yard himself, he tied it up to the back of the 4-wheeler and rode it around the house. The boys liked that a lot.

Yesterday we had Amy and Millie over for a little rendez-vous in the kiddie pool. We love Millie! I'm so glad the boys have a best friend to play with growing up.

Last night we went to the Spanish Fork Rodeo, a standing tradition for 3 years now. We went with Jim, Bethany and Alyssa. It was amusing, as always and we stayed until the very end. Jack fell asleep, but Henry's recent newfound love of animals kept him wide-eyed the entire evening. Cows, horses, sheep, flags, a loud dirt bike (that scared Henry a little), and even skydivers made for a great night of entertainment.

And can I just say that I love rodeos? I'll tell you why: they have real cowboys who get down and dirty, the audience cheers for America and freedom and the troops in Iraq, we stand in silence out of respect for the flag, we sing the National Anthem with our hands over our hearts and we start everything with a PRAYER. It's just great to be in the company of God-fearing people who respect the principles and freedoms upon which America was founded.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

7 comments:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i wish i'd have stayed a little longer to go with you to the rodeo. and i miss the boys like crazy.

three pinkies said...

I'm impressed you were able to stay the whole time! Your boys are troopers!!

The Farrers said...

Two can play at this stalking game. :)

Our conversation last night lead me to assume that you had a personal blog, and (1 or 2 google searches later) here you are!

Love the pics of all the boys- they're so adorable. We've having a blast getting to know you and your little family.

Alyssa said...

Wow you guys have been busy! How fun that you have a house to stay in at Oak City. . a good little get away! The Rodeo looks awesome and I totally hear you on the comments about the respect shown to our country! Thankfully there are people like that that still exist!

Sadie said...

So fun! I love all the summer fun going on.
And rodeos do rock... if only I could get my city boy to go.

the sheldons said...

I would have to agree and say that rodeos are pretty much the best thing America has every produced, except Michael Jackson's music. (I'm sorry, I love the guy, with his demented personal life put aside)

Natalie said...

yee-haw! I love the patriotic tribute! I'll have to find myself a rodeo to go to!