Monday, April 28, 2008

What I Love About Sundays

I love Sundays.
Growing up they used to be the most boring day of the week, now I cherish them. No matter what the weather is like or how bad the boys are in church, it's always a beautiful day to me. Phil is home, there's usually time for a nap and most importantly, we always get together with family.
Yesterday we went up to Highland for Phil's cousin's homecoming talk. After sacrament meeting we took the boys for a drive up American Fork Canyon so they would go to sleep. It worked, and we enjoyed some really nice scenery. I never thought I'd hear myself say this when I was younger (I've always been proud to come from Arizona), but I love living in Utah. I love the scenery, the seasons, the heat and the snow, the majestic Rocky Mountains, the blooming trees in Spring and the magnificent colors in Autumn. And most of all, I love how accessible all of it is.

And I love our little family. Nothing is more important to me than this little clan of ours.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I love your little family, too! I miss you guys! When are you coming down here?

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

those boys crack me up! i wish we could hang out with you more often. we'd have so much fun. just like the good old days.

Melanie M. McKinnon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.