The boys have found a new source of excitement: bath time. They love watching the water fill up in the tub, they stand there and bounce, giggle and scream until I finally strip 'em down and throw 'em in! And I've braved bathing them at the same time now so they can play a little longer in the bath. They love it! Henry is a major splasher and Jack just slides all over the place, pushing toys around and pretending they're cars (or maybe boats in this case). They both are ALL BOY.
It seems they have their appetites back after our little bout with stomach flu, but they are hating baby food! I have had to be creative with the thi
I am still sick and boy, am I tired of it. I have had a sore throat, cough and congestion for almost a week now. And what's worse, I haven't been to the gym since Wednesday. I can hardly wait to get back on track and regain all of my strength so I can keep up with these busy boys. We have a hectic week this week. Hill, Mel and the kiddos all fly in on Wednesday (Hooray!) and the weekend will be spent enjoying wedding festivities (Congrats Cody and Erica! Now, get a blog!). Jack and Henry have their first commercial photo shoot. When I went to the gym for the first time back in January, a woman stopped me in the day care and commented on what cute boys I had, then asked if I would mind having them model some clothes from her organic clothing line. The line is called Baby Bam Collection and features clothing made from bamboo so it's hypoallergenic. The pictures will be featured in her boutiques and brochures. So my goal this week is to keep the boys from acquiring any unsightly scratches, bumps or bruises on their heads, at least until after the photo shoot.

13 comments:
well good luck! 11 months is the time when nash really started to get bruised up!
as for the food, i just fed nash whatever he would eat. sometimes i felt like, geez kid, are you sure you want oatmeal AGAIN?
But, he is a healthly one... : )
Wes LOVES vanilla yogurt right now. He pretty much has the same 3 meals everyday b/c he's pretty particular about venturing out. I also give him clementine's in those little safe fruit mesh things. (Not sure what the technical name is but I can find then online if you don't know what I'm talking about.) That way he gets the juice, but no worries about choking.
Okay, so I just fed Wes lunch and thought of a few more things. Avocados, diced peaches or pears, applesauce (not the baby kind), craisins (Brian doesn't like raisins)... Really, I just try most things with him. Like, if we're having grilled cheese sandwiches, I'll let him try a bite (but he has 4 teeth so he can bite it).
I also look down the baby food isle to get ideas from Gerber. Wes isn't a fan of picking up foods all the time so I have to feed him things like avocados off my fork, but things like crackers, bread, and craisins he'll eat himself.
Really, I just try to think of what I eat and then give him a try and see if he likes it!
So neat on the photo shoot! Definitely post a link so we can admire your famous babies. Get better already!!! And I never fed my kids baby food. I always made my own. Go here to get lots of good ideas: http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/
And, I always feed my babies whatever we are eating (unless it's too spicy of course) and they all seemed to have developed an appetite for a large variety of foods, which is great now that they are older. Maddey still prefers broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots over anything else. That's definitely nice!
Chloe has always been a big fan of green beans, pineapple, and bananas.
My kids always liked ravioli. Without sause of course(way too messy) I would just buy it in the freezer section. Just cook, cutt, and they can feed them selves!
Bath time is a fun time around here too! I love that you can contain them to one area for a little while!! How fun to do a little photo shoot with them...they are adorable!! Glad to hear the boys are feeling better...hope you feel better soon!
The morning of my sister's wedding Tyler (at the time 11 months) fell into the coffee table and had a big puffy eye for the pictures. One year later the aforementioned kid did a superman dive into the same table (now nicknamed bruiser) the day before my brothers wedding and had a black eye for those pictures. Kids have a way of looking abused at picture time! :)
As for food, you could try macaroni & cheese (the easy mac is pretty mushy) or even the burritos you get in the freezer section- Eliza loved them.
Those boys.....I just heart them. That picture of them at the tub is so cute. As for food to feed em, I would suggest buying a box of muffin mix and making muffins. Braddock loves em! Especially banana nut. They last him a few days too.
Ok, same exact thing here! (maybe it is because they were born on the same day!) Doesn't want baby food anymore, and LOVES bath time. If I pick the right toy, he can play with it and still let me feed him the baby food (which I soo would not let him do ever...but oh well). Once we get to the year, he can eat whatever and I don't have to worry about the "don't give him this yet" list! Can you believe they are almost 1!!
It's me again! It's been forever since i've blogged--i've missed you! :) It does not surprise me one bit that someone wants to take lots of cute pictures of your boys. THey's adorable!
Oh, I love those faces. Can't wait to see them model!
Jenna, your little boys are so sweet! I'm so glad you found my blog! I too have great memories of your family! Say hi to all of them for me. Let's keep in touch!
Post a Comment