Friday, February 15, 2008

The Camera's Back...


...And I've got pictures to share again! Let's be honest, we all know this is the real reason you all check this blog. It's for the boys, I can handle that. Well these boys that we all love are becoming so mischievous! They are all over the place and they're getting fast, too. They love the dishwasher. I have to be quick about loading it because as soon as the door opens they are right there to pull out all the silverware. So last week I opened it up and was rinsing some dishes when I look down and see Jack on the dishwasher, standing inside it and holding on to the top rack. Oh dear. So naturally I grab the camera and take a picture, then get him down. I put the camera down and then they are both inside the dishwasher! Apparently Henry felt left out and could not refuse an opportunity to try something as new and exciting
as playing in a kitchen appliance. It's the only one they can play in, really. The fridge and oven are definitely off-limits. So I indulged them long enough to get a few pictures, then promptly removed them.

Remember that warm, sunny day I blogged about? I know, I almost forgot about it, too, what with all the snow that's been falling around here for the past couple of days! I'm glad I took advantage of the warmth while it lasted, not by frolicking outdoors, of course, but by dressing the boys up in polo t's, shorts and sandals! That's how we celebrate warmer weather around here. Aren't they adorable? I'm not sure how they felt about the thong part of the sandal being thrust between their toes, but it's a small price to pay when you look so good.

I'm almost positive the boys are perpetual teethers. They chew on everything, including their own fingers! I mean, that's gotta hurt considering Jack already has two very razor-sharp teeth in there. The finger in the mouth, this is the new look for these boys.



Other discoveries/tricks/habits they've picked up from one place or another...



Jack: says "sssat" meaning "What's that?", shakes his head as a form of dancing when he hears music or when I sing at random, gives kisses, makes motor noises with his mouth as he pushes anything along the ground like a car, crawls lightning fast, loves emptying the trash can in our bedroom, loves emptying my tupperware drawer, is a fan of Fig Newtons (a kid after my own heart).

Henry: pats his hands together to sign "more", claps his hands when I say "Yaaaay!", clicks his tongue (like you do when you make the sound of horses' feet), makes kissing noises, loves being read to, eats bread like it's going out of style, loves emptying the trash can in our room, is also a fan of Fig Newtons, and occasionally stands on his own in the middle of the floor (he has great balance and posture, this kid).

**Bonus video of Jack pushing his grandpa's power inverter around on the floor like a car and providing his own sound effects. What a crack up!

Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Chelsea said...

As cute and adorable they are (by the way I love babies in flip flops...) we come around so often because we love YOU too! :)

Devin and Chelsey said...

Oh my goodness, that is soo cute! I just love reading about your boys and the family. I can't wait till someday when I get to meet them, and you!

The Tate's said...

Seriously you have the cutest boys! What is it that is so great about climbing on a dishwasher. I too have to do some speed cleaning with my little Jack around. Your boys would get along so well with him...he is a fan of empting out the trash too. Loved the video...so adorable! Hope you guys have a great weekend!

The Smith Family said...

Hey This is your cousin jeremy! Me and Taylor think your boys are cute! Keep in touch!

Joe and Laura said...

They are always so happy, I love them and I've never met them. They are so adorable. I bet they are a lot of work, but it so fun to see them grow.

Sadie said...

So adorable!! They are looking so grown up.

Chad~Nicole said...

I really like the pictures of the boys with their hands in their mouths.

Natalie said...

Wes is loving the dishwasher too! And the pantry, and the fridge... I feel your pain about having to be super fast loading and unloading. Cute kids!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i could cry, i miss them so much! we'll be up there soon! hooray!

Amanda said...

they are growing up so fast! I love them in the dishwasher..I have a picture of ash at that age doing the same thing!

Unknown said...

So dang cute!!! Sweet baby.

BossyMommy said...

Aww, babies in the dishwasher. I'm just waiting to see how long it takes you to stop thinking that's cute! And by the way, I don't just visit the blog for the boys...I come to see if you're posting about ME. I'm usually disappointed, though. ...sigh...
Jackie boy is super cute with his little car noises. So funny how that's built in to the boys.

The Smith Family said...

This is Taylor Jeremy's wife. Just wanted to say how much I love looking at your blog! Your boys are soo cute!!! I always said that if I were to have twins I would want twin boys! How fun! We will be down there this summer so we will have to meet those boys!

three pinkies said...

Your boys are so cute and are growing so fast! Their 1st birthday is coming up fast too. The time is flying by!!
I didn't get flip flops on Eliza early enough and now she won't wear sandals with that toe thing. I'm looking forward to pulling out the summer clothes, but it's at least got to be in the 60's for me. It can't come soon enough! :)

Kami said...

Anderson chews on everything, even his crib and fingers. It's crazy, and he bites HARD. They are getting so big and have always been so cute.

Michelle Bebe said...

I too am victim to the Dishwasher Destroyer. Nash insists on leaving the silverware on the floor. He doesn't quite understand that they go in those little holes.

He yells "Dop it Mama!"

I now just wait to load it till he's a sleep. It saves alot of ME saying. Stop Nash.

(guess that's where he gets it from...)

h said...

i'm kind of behind on checking blogs and am just seeing this post and I LOVE the video of Jack. that is HILARIOUS! i love that it's a power inverter he's pushing. and i'm sure dad and phil loved that too :) can't wait to come play with you guys!