I have no idea from where it came or from whom we got it, but the boys have stomach flu. All I can say is YUCK. Needless to say it was a long, sleepless night and we're all exhausted. This is the part of motherhood that you leave out of your fantasies when you're daydreaming about having kids. The best part is, though, that the boys are so cuddly and love being held. I can lay them on the floor and they won't go anywhere. And they take great naps, but other than that I just want my normal babies back. I feel so bad for them. Stomach flu is the pits.
Looking back on the past few days, I'm wondering if Henry got a little over-zealous with all the new food he tried this weekend. . .
He sampled his first taste of Red Vine licorice. Knowing how much I love it myself, I'm sure it won't be his last. Other than the fact that he has no teeth yet, he seemed to enjoy it.
Here is his mid-munching face. Grandpa let him try all kinds of new things, from roast beef to mint sandwich cookies. He sat there and ate for a long time with his grandpa (aka his other twin).
And he's very good at drinking from a cup, water bottle and sippy cup. He always wants a drink of whatever it is we've got. And check out his blond hair, can you see it? I love it!
Hopefully we're all back to our normal selves soon.
10 comments:
Kay...howabout everyone left there sick. The next morning Grant was throwing up all over the place and Justin couldn't get out of bed for 2 days and he's still strugglin. The price we pay for family gatherings! Good luck!! Love ya!!
Kay...howabout everyone left there sick. The next morning Grant was throwing up all over the place and Justin couldn't get out of bed for 2 days and he's still strugglin. The price we pay for family gatherings! Good luck!! Love ya!!
You're lucky he's so good at drinking out of a cup. The worst thing I've done as a parent is wean Canon off of the bottle...but if I ever get around to it, potty training might take the cake. Sorry about the sick kiddos.
I know how they feel, I have been home all day with the same thing. The worst part about the flu is it is certain the boys will get what I have. I hate to see them sick. I hope the little guys are feeling better and you and Phil escape the yuckiness.
I know how they feel, I have been home all day with the same thing. The worst part about the flu is it is certain the boys will get what I have. I hate to see them sick. I hope the little guys are feeling better and you and Phil escape the yuckiness.
i love that kid but i'm so sad he's sick. can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks!
aww i am so sorry! nash had this TWICE in a month and then bryan and i caught it too... it was a nasty bug down here about a month ago.... maybe some fellow traveler took it home to ya....
yucky.
So not fun to have sick little ones! I love to watch little kids when they are eating something for the first time...so cute! Hope you guys are feeling better today!!
I'm so sorry you had to go through that! And double time!! At least when we get it here it's usually one at a time.
Ask Mike about the tub bed he made for Eliza when she had the stomach flu while I was on my way back from Hawaii! I'm lucky I missed that round!! :)
Sorry the boys are sick. That's the pits. No stomach flu here for a long time...can you believe it??? I probably just jinxed myself. Love you!
Post a Comment