Thursday, January 31, 2008

Wicked Winter

So this winter season is never-ending, or so it seems. We have received a lot of snow, which is good, because we need it. The more snow we get, the greener the summer and the more colorful the autumn, so I'm a big fan. Plus, snow is fun! Some of you who live here probably want to kill me for saying that so often.
Anyhoo, so along with the snow we have had really cold temperatures. Every now and then we get a warm, sunny day mixed in with the cold ones. Then the snow melts and forms icicles all over the place. I think this has been a record year for icicles on our house. And they're not just mini ones, they're HUGE! Phil will scrape them off and knock them down, then two days later they're back. These could seriously be lethal if you walked beneath them at just the right time. Check out the one Phil's holding in the lower picture. Amazing! He had to bring it in the house to show me.
At any rate, because of the cold weather, we really haven't been out and about much, other than our daily trek to the gym. I have been really bad about taking pictures because I have been super occupied trying to get my house spic n' span for the baby shower I'm throwing here on Saturday. I actually think it might be a success, other than the fact that the funeral for President Hinckley is exactly at the same time as the shower. Hopefully they'll broadcast it more than once.

3 comments:

The Epps Fam said...

Holy cow, those icicles are killer! I'm so glad you love winter because you know how I feel about it. Thanks for working your tail off to throw me a baby shower! You are the best! It'll be fun just chillin and watching the funeral. Let me know if you need anything.

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

man, i wish we could come hang out by the fire with you and the boys.

i love the new layout, too!

three pinkies said...

Those are huge icicles! We had a bunch the boys wanted to break off of the house and lick. I had to explain they wouldn't taste as good as they looked considering all that water had come from the roof. I know, I'm a fun killer. I'm sure I licked my share of asphalt shingle flavored icicles in my day!
I have to admit, I didn't miss the freezing temps and constantly falling snow while in Hawaii. Now that I'm back I'm freezing! :)