Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Toys for Tots

A couple of weeks ago we were up at the Homestead and Phil put Jack under Gramma's playmat to keep him busy while we had dinner. He entertained himself under there for quite a while, laughing and smiling the whole time. So I pulled out the playmat at our house (which had provided little amusement up to that point) as another option for the boys' waketime activity, since the bouncer seats were becoming a little "old hat."
Just last week I noticed Henry was actually playing with one of the toys and watching it twirl as he pulled it and hit it with his little hand! Wow, I was really amazed! Is it time for them to know how to do that already? I guess so. Time is truly flying...
Jack figured it out that same day. I love watching them figure things out. It's so satisfying and so much fun. Knowing that they now appreciate toys, I threw some in their carseats when we went to the grocery store yesterday. They didn't seem too enthused since they usually just sleep in the cart anyway. But on the way home, Henry was really fussy so I put the toy on his lap. He kept crying so I figured he probably didn't know what to do with it unless it was dangling above his head from the playmat. Then all of a sudden he stopped crying, and I heard the little wings of the toy crinkling and jingling. He played with it all the way home! Such darling little boys! Guess it's time to start taking toys to church now.
For more recent pictures, click here.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Jenna, they are growing up so fast!! They are so adorable. We're moving to Salt Lake next month, so we HAVE to get together and catch up!!!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

cute boysies!

h said...

I'm impressed that for being preemies those baby boys really aren't behind at all. Owen just started doing that last week and Lilly started it at 3 1/2 months too, so it seems those boys are right on track and I'd never guess they were preemies except they're mini compared to Owen. So cute. :) Thanks for the chat today, sis. It's so good to talk to you.

Angie said...

It really is fascinating watching babies figure things out and so satisfying too. Time really does fly. It seems like just yesterday Mitchell was doing the same thing and now he is slam dunking basketballs in his mini basketball hoop. Amazing! It won't be long before your babes are doing the same.

Natalie said...

Watching babies and kids learn and figure things out is seriously one of my favorite things and so cool. I think, for Wes, when he gets a new toy, he just needs to realize what it is first and know that he doesn't need to be afraid of it. :) It took him some getting used to when he got his swing and his playmat, but he loves them now! They sure are great, aren't they?

BossyMommy said...

Jenna! They're so dang stinking cute! Jack's ears remind me of ears I've seen before. Hmmm...I'll have to think about it til it comes to me.

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

They are so adorable! Are you guys in Utah right now? We might be making a trip down there in September..it would be so fun to get together and see your cute boys!

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Rob is actually getting his MBA Online with ASU. Sadly we are still staying in dirthole Reno because he got a promotion as manager...so by getting his MBA online we can save a little money while he works!