Tuesday, May 29, 2007

MDB 2007

Memorial Day Breakfast was a big hit again this year! It's something our family looks forward to every year. All of the Lyman family gets together in Oak City over Memorial Day weekend. There's golfing, swimming, softball, a lot of food, a talent show of sorts, Bunko, square dancing and most importantly, the Edward Partridge Memorial Day Breakfast. This is sponsored by Lyman Bros and it's a breakfast provided at no cost to the public which includes sourdough pancakes (delish!), eggs, ham, fresh milk right from the cow and Tang and the Lyman family puts it all together and serves it to the folks in Oak City. This year we had over 1000 people come to eat!

Usually for the big weekend we stay in a motel in Delta, but Rick purchased a home in Oak City where we'll be able to stay from now on. It was so great to have the whole family under one roof. Phil and I went down early on Friday to get the house situated. After a little nap, Phil threw together this double front carrier so he could walk around with both of the boys. I had to take a picture!

After some of the festivities we were all a bit tired. Grandpa Holmes fell asleep on the couch with Jack laying next to him. Jack wasn't all that tired I guess.

Here we got all the Holmes grandkids together for a picture. Adults from left to right are Casey, Grandma Holmes, Megan, Anjanette and James. Babies are Lilly, Gracie, Owen, Henry and Jack.

Owen, Henry and Jack were born just two days apart! I swear those Holmes genes sure are dominant! I think this is my favorite picture of Jack's face.
I think Jack and Henry really enjoyed the weekend. They did so well and were so good, and they had some great awake time on Monday, just hanging out and looking around and smiling quite a bit. Here Phil was playing with Henry and somehow I got him to look at the camera??? Gotta love those big blue eyes...

The last thing we did before we left Oak City was go on an awesome four-wheeler ride with James and Anjanette up Dry Creek Canyon. We got a little dusty riding on the back, but it was so much fun! (Sorry, Anjanette, for posting this picture but it was too good not to!)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

Thanks for the documentation! Looks like a great time! Can't wait to see the new house.

Anjanette said...

Not to worry...there are worse pictures of me that you could post.

Kristin said...

Jenna, I love your blog! Jack and Henry are adorable and I'm so happy for you and Phil. Not to mention that you're a super cute mommy! I'm in Spanish Fork for the summer and would love to come meet your little guys sometime.