First of all, we just want to say that we are very sad that Daddy has to be in Maryland all week. He left this morning and we want him to know we love him. This is a picture of Phil and Henry taken Sunday night. Henry was feeling pretty mellow as he rested with him.
We took the boys to their 2-week doctor's appointment today, of course at Grandpa Holmes' office. We are so pleased with their growth and development so far. Both are back up to their birth weight and even a little bit over! Henry now weighs 5lbs 12oz and is 19-1/2 inches long. Jack is 4lbs 11oz and is 18-1/2 inches long. Grandpa said the goal is to reach their birth weight by two weeks, so we are satisfied! They are just so teeny tiny, eensy beensy!
Although they weigh about the same as they did when they were born, they are changing in so many other ways. They are enjoying "awake" time now after they eat. Both of them sit in their bouncy seats or swing and just look around and take everything in. It's so fun to hold them and look at them during these times. We will be so excited when they can start interacting and responding to us! And today, Henry found his voice during his PKU test at the doctor's office. He is usually the mellow one, but he screamed and screamed while they tried (for quite a while) to get a blood sample from his little heel. He has his mommy's poor circulation, poor guy. Jack cried at first but was easily soothed by his "sucky". Mommy cried when the nurse pricked both their heels. Man, I'm going to have a long 20 years ahead of me if I can't even get through a heel prick!
3 comments:
I don't think any mom makes it through the PKU test. Plus, your Jenna! Your emotional! And that's why we love you! Can't wait to see you soon!
You're boys are BEAUTIFUL!
I don't know how they expect moms to make it through all the blood work for their babies. I say, go ahead...cry it out.
Jenna!! Those are the cutest boy's I've ever seen. Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you. You are going to have so much fun and be a great mother. I can't wait to see them in person. Let me know when you are coming into Novell and I will be sure to be there.
-Rob-
Post a Comment