As soon as I finished my half marathon back in May, I started feeling sick. I was sick the entire rest of that day, from the moment I crossed the finish line. It was strange because running doesn't cause stomach problems for me, and I had been feeling just fine until that moment. My stomach gave me trouble for the next few days. I recognized what kind of sickness it was, but there was NO WAY I could be pregnant! I'm so sure! One night was particularly bad, so I sent Phil to the local grocery store at 10:30pm to grab a pregnancy test and a pint of coffee ice cream. As he was checking out, the cashier said, "If you're buying the ice cream, I don't think you need the pregnancy test." Phil and I got a kick out of that. I downed the ice cream when he got home then took the pregnancy test in the morning. Luckily, it was a 2-pack because I did NOT believe the first results! Two positive pregnancy tests and an ultrasound later, we found out I was 5 weeks pregnant. I KNOW. I couldn't believe it either. Actually, it's taken about 4 months for it to sink in.
Here is the little peanut at 12 weeks. Boy or girl, we are starting to get excited for a new addition to our family!
Here I am at 16 weeks with all of my precious boys. They are all hoping for a girl, which I think is funny.
Images courtesy of Sprunger Photography.
I am now 18 weeks along. I have been sicker than I was with my other two pregnancies, and the sickness has lasted much longer than it did before. My skin and hair are disasters, when usually pregnancy improves those things for me. So many things have been different this time around. I am still waiting for those 2nd trimester superpowers to kick in! We find out officially what we are having (hopefully) in two weeks.
This surprise is nothing less than a miracle for us. Ironically, I gave away all of my baby clothes and what not the month before we found out about the pregnancy. It was taking up room and I didn't want to keep it around "just in case". I'm telling you, WE HAD NO IDEA this was possible. There is no scientific explanation that I know of. We feel so blessed, so humble and incredibly grateful. Whoever this sweet baby is, he/she is meant to be in our family!



8 comments:
so wonderful! Congratulations! I am excited for you guys!
I'm sorry this pregnancy has been so hard so far! It's such a great story though and the baby is so lucky to be joining your family!
I was so surprised and excited to hear you were pregnant! You look great in the pictures too. Maybe all the pregnancy trouble means you ARE having a girl! That would be fun.
What great news! Congratulations!
Congrats! So exciting for you guys!
That is amazing Jenna-so happy for you and your family.
I'm so happy for you! Good luck with everything!
Best suprise EVER!!!! I am still on cloud nine for you guys and can't wait to hear what you are having. You are right though, boy or girl, it is nothing less than a miracle.
Post a Comment