Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pool Time!

We have had a lot of time in the pool already this summer! Henry and Jack have been taking swim lessons in the mornings and then we've spent a few afternoons in Gramma's pool. Being in the pool makes me feel like I'm back in Arizona again, and it's been especially fun to play with the boys while they become more adventurous and daring in the water.

Even Grant loves the water. He hardly makes a peep and even shares a few smiles while we swim in the water. He seems to enjoy it already!

I die when Henry wears his goggles, his face CRACKS me up! I kiss his cheeks even more than usual when they chub up over the bottom rim of his goggles. Here he is coming up for a breath during his "Superman Float" at swim lessons.

Trying to warm up at Gramma's pool.

Henry has improved so much in the past two weeks. He goes under the water willingly and repeatedly, and he only gets out of the water to go to the bathroom. We practically have to force him to eat! Once he's mastered  swimming completely, he'll be a little fish.

Jack had to miss swim lessons last week when he hurt his eye, but he picked up right where he left off this week. He loves to kick and dive under the water for rings. Today he jumped off the side (in the deep end) at lessons and practiced swimming to the steps over and over at Gramma's pool, all by himself. I am so proud of my boys. They really are growing up.



1 comment:

Jennie said...

You've been busy! Looks like fun and I adore that picture of Grant at the end of the Carnival post. He sure is a handsome fella. Love his eyes.