For some reason, perhaps because I was so enamoured by Princess Diana, I was really, extremely excited about the Royal Wedding. I was even prepared to wake up at 4am and watch it, alone, in the dark, while my family slept (the boys in this house couldn't have cared less about a fairy tale wedding). Instead, I decided to DVR it and watch it later in the morning, over a fabulous brunch, with two of my sisters. Oh, and in dress-ups! Hats and everything.
We had a delicious spread of homemade waffles with berries and cream, ham and cheese omelette casserole, croissants and oatmeal cake. I stuffed my face and enjoyed every second of it. I gained 5 pounds that morning.
My brother found these sweet vintage hats at his house when he moved in, left by the previous tenants. He asked if I wanted them and I said, "Are you kidding me?!?" I already had several purposes for them in mind. I think it was quite fitting for them to make their debut for the Royal Wedding. It was so fun to wear a hat and feel British for an hour or so!
We had a delicious spread of homemade waffles with berries and cream, ham and cheese omelette casserole, croissants and oatmeal cake. I stuffed my face and enjoyed every second of it. I gained 5 pounds that morning.
My brother found these sweet vintage hats at his house when he moved in, left by the previous tenants. He asked if I wanted them and I said, "Are you kidding me?!?" I already had several purposes for them in mind. I think it was quite fitting for them to make their debut for the Royal Wedding. It was so fun to wear a hat and feel British for an hour or so!
Thank you, sisters, for indulging me and my obsession with dress-ups and fairy tales. I haven't deleted the Royal Wedding from the DVR yet, in case I want to relive the moment again some time when my family is sleeping.

2 comments:
LOVE IT!!! You can invite me next time :)
You're missing a sister. Just sayin'.
Post a Comment