Saturday, February 12, 2011

How Long...

...will these bags have to sit and wait for their purpose to be served? They are packed and waiting patiently to be thrown in the car - along with the carseat - at the first sign of labor. I have no idea how this is all going to happen or work out. Last time I was pregnant, I was on bed rest and anti-contraction medication at 30 weeks. I took my last pill and got out of bed at 36 weeks, then delivered the boys two days later. We had a pretty good idea of what was going to happen. This waiting and not knowing thing is strange, so I am trying to be prepared for every possibility. Part of me just wants to load these bags in the car and keep them there in case of emergency.

I think I'm overreacting a little.


Below is the diaper bag I purchased off of Etsy. I ordered it last week, and it was crafted (in Malaysia), shipped and received within 7 days! I can't say as much for the Gap Nursing Pajamas I purchased over 10 days ago that are being shipped from Ohio and still haven't arrived. That's another story.This diaper bag is SO adorable, and the teal color is even prettier in person. I unwrapped it quickly and stuffed it with everything I'll need for the baby in the hospital. So functional. So efficient. I am tempted to get another one just because it's so cute.



I also purchased this coordinating diaper clutch from another Etsy seller. I received it 2 days after I bought it. Love it! It fits so much stuff inside, yet it is practical for quick diaper changes, and even has a little handle so it can be carried around the wrist. Genius!



Now I just need to figure out how to fill my time for the next 3 weeks. It will help to have these cute people here to keep us company for a week!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

yay! hooray! we get to see you tomorrow!! it's gonna be so fun!

Sadie said...

Hang in there Jenna! You'll have your little bundle before you know it. Good luck and I can't wait to see how cute he is!

Vicki said...

I love your blog!!!! I'm excited to see the news of the new little one. Hope all goes well.

Sarah Robbins said...

Your diaper bag and clutch turned out so cute! I have a clutch and it is SO helpful to just pull it out and have everything for diaper changing right on hand.

I'll be praying for you during this time of waiting patiently for your little one to arrive. . .