Friday, October 15, 2010

Pregnancy Update: 20 Weeks


How far along: 20 weeks - halfway!
Best Moment This Week: Getting our 20-week ultrasound and confirming that this baby is certainly a boy! More than anything, it was very reassuring to see our baby moving, growing and measuring right on target. All of his body parts are perfect and I finally am feeling anxious for him to get here!
Gender: We suspected (via ultrasound) at 12 weeks that this baby was a boy, but I was holding out until the 20-week ultrasound. Wow, three boys...
Movement: In the past week-and-a-half I have felt him moving all around, and I can even feel the kicks from the outside of my belly every now and then. He mostly moves in the mornings and evenings.
Food Cravings: Coffee Ice Cream, Italian food, Chocolate
Food Aversions: Salad and lettuce (since the very beginning), wheat bread, anything grilled
Side Effects: I am so happy that my daily headaches have subsided. My back aches off and on, and my right leg is sore and tight (??) Otherwise, I am feeling fantastic and extremely motivated to get things done.
What I Miss: Honestly, I really do love being pregnant, but man how I miss running!!!
What I Am Looking Forward To: The hospital. I started looking for little outfits to bring this baby home in. It's a little premature, but it's still so much fun! And my hospital experience with the twins was pleasant, enjoyable and exciting. I'm hoping for a repeat experience, with one less baby, of course!
I am totally borrowing/adapting this update format from my friend, Sarah. I didn't keep track of these things with the twins and I want to remember all the details of this pregnancy better. Thanks, Sarah!

6 comments:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

you barely look pregnant! can't wait to see you guys!

Anjanette said...

You look awesome! Another boy! I'm so happy for you (and so is our baby boy on the way...he's happy, too).

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

YOU LOOK SO CUTE :)!

Miranda Townsend said...

Absolutely. Adorable.

Sarah Robbins said...

I am so glad you are doing the updates- I think it is so fun! And they will be great to look back on later. You look so great! Yeah for 3 boys. I have been having that exact same leg tightness and soreness; it's weird, right?

Anne said...

I can't wait to hear what adorable boy name you have chosen to go along with Jack and Henry. Those will be hard to top :)