If you hadn't noticed by the many posts I've made about my choir concerts over the past several months, this past year I had the opportunity to sing in the Mapleton Chorale, a local community choir. I enjoyed the experience more than I hoped and found so much satisfaction in my participation.
We finished out our season this past weekend with a tour to Salt Lake City, where we stayed for three days, toured the State Capitol Building, LDS Conference Center, Salt Lake City Cemetery, and performed in the Assembly Hall on Temple Square. We were also mentored by Ryan Murphy, former director of the Mapleton Chorale and current Associate Music Director of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. The whole experience was better than I expected. We sang at every tour location (the acoustics of the Capitol Building rotunda were out of this world). I loved making new friends and strengthening the relationships I already had. I cried through the entire last song of our concert knowing it would all come to a close after that. I am so thankful to Phil for letting me have this opportunity and taking over with the boys so I could have my weekly "me" time. It all paid off in the end.
The rotunda in the State Capitol Building.
The staircase where we stood to sing.
Two of my very favorite prophets: Spencer W. Kimball and Gordon B. Hinckley.
And two of my very favorite choir friends: Vicki (on the left) and Mary. We sit by each other in choir and have become dear friends. Choir just wouldn't have been the same without them!
Can't wait to start the 2010-2011 season in a few months!
2 comments:
Jenna,
I think it is so wonderful that you get to do this! Especially, someone with your singing talent, should be able to share what they have be given! Keep it up, girl!
Love to you and your sweet family,
Auntie Donna
Such a great time. Thanks for letting me view your blog. It's nice to see your sweet family and get to know your boys. Such cuties!!!! Vicki
Post a Comment