Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Everything Tractors

Lately Jack has been more than obsessed with tractors. When we drive anywhere I have to pick a route that will allow us to pass by the most tractors and dump trucks. He knows the difference between a front loader, backhoe, excavator and digger. He tells me constantly, "Mom, I want to ride in a tractor today." Poor kid, I have no way of making that dream come true, especially not on a daily basis. He wants to know what tractors do and why. It's true love and complete fascination.
Last week when we were feeding the horses and the cousins' farm, Jack was feeding the horses like the rest of us until he saw this drive by...


...and he followed it to where it parked to feed the cows.

We heard of nothing else until we took him to see some big tractors up close.
He sat in their giant wheels...
Shared the driver's seat with Henry...
Steered and made tractor noises until his heart was content...
...and took a picture with a classic John Deere.
This must be what a little boy's heaven is like.

1 comment:

grandmasmith said...

thanks for your new posts. I've missed you...