One cold night in January, Phil had to work late, so the boys and I were going a little stir crazy at home. They wanted to wear these cute little robes and slippers that they got from Gramma for Christmas. When I put them on, they always talk about the Polar Express movie, because their robes are just like the little boy's robe in that film. This gave me the idea to bust out the Cocoa-Latte I got for Christmas and recreate a scene from Polar Express.
First, I made them each a golden ticket and punched letters in them, just like the movie. They LOVED this. Then, I set the dining chairs up in the dining room kind of like the seats on the train, and gave them each their own little table.
I made them hot chocolate with whipped cream in little cups with saucers. They were so excited about the whole thing. I sang, "Hot! Hot! Yeah, we got it..." while I served them and made a complete fool of myself in the process, but hey, the things we won't do to make our kids smile.
4 comments:
That is just so cute! Jenna, you are just the best mom! How creative!!
What a great idea! You really are super-mom! The boys will cherish memories like this for years.
good thing I saw the movie twice with Luke last fall. I knew just what he was talking about. Can't wait to see you guys!
I LOVE IT!!! You're so creative. I wish I could just think up things like that...
Post a Comment