Last Friday was my birthday and I turned the perpetual age of 29. I decided to not expect anything for my birthday this year - mostly because the older I get the less I care about it - but not expecting anything sure makes for a lot of pleasant surprises! Like I said, my camera was missing, so I didn't get to document much of anything, but let me just explain what a wonderful day it was, in case you were wondering.
First of all, I woke up and went to the gym. No sleeping in for this birthday girl! I took a really fun Zumba class at the gym - awesome. Then I came home and my sister, Bethany, came over to watch the boys for me so I could get my hair cut! Hooray! There is nothing like a new hair cut, it's always the perfect gift! As soon as I got back from that, feeling like a new woman and all, my sisters took me to lunch at Gloria's Little Italy in Provo (my absolute favorite Italian restaurant). It was fun, even with all the kids! I had just enough time to relax at home before Phil took me out for a date night, where I was treated to a makeover and new makeup at the MAC counter, dinner at Magleby's and some hot-tubbin'. Man, I'm really wishing I had pictures for all of this!
It was a wonderful day, and probably the best birthday I've had in years. Thank you to Bethany for watching my boys, to Alyssa for buying me lunch and babysitting so Phil could take me out, and to everyone who sent me birthday cards, called, blogged or left me a message on Facebook. I loved it!
Being 29 is fabulous!
7 comments:
I like the new look!
Hey, Jenna!
Hi, Sweetie! I heard about your b-day... what a great day for you! There is nothing like sisters and lunch...perfect combo! As you know our sisters will be coming to visit your Mom and I tomorrow...counting the minutes! I love your blog. Take a picture of your new hair-cut and post it, so we can see.
Love you and Happy belated birthday!
Auntie Donna
Happy Birthday Jenna! 29 is great and has been for me! I'm glad you enjoyed your day.
I sure hope your camera turns up somewhere....and SOON!
Happiest wishes for you!
I hate to disagree but you have 10 years to go until you reach the perpetual age which is 39. You are just a youngster! Love and kisses to the boys!
Happy Birthday! Speaking of Glorias...Jami and I remembered that you RAVED about it and have been trying to go there for weeks! Justin and I are going there for Valentines and I'm SO excited to finally try it! I'm so glad you had such a great day.
Hey Jenna, this is way late but I just wanted to say that I'm glad you had a great birthday and that you are fabulous!
I guess my little birthday gift didn't arrive. In any event, I thought about you on your birthday and am glad to read that it was great.
Love
Dad2
Post a Comment