When I was teaching the boys about animals and the sounds they make, I had no idea how to teach them what a rabbit says. What does a rabbit "say"? So I instead taught them what a rabbit does. "What does the rabbit do? Hop, hop, hop!" It seemed to work pretty well. Then, when I would point out a rabbit, I would ask what it was and Jack would say, "A hoppy!" Now all rabbits and bunnies are called hoppies. It's too cute to correct.
Gramma Pam always sings this "hoppy" song to all her grandkids, complete with hand motions. The boys love to sing it, and finally picked up all the hand motions that go with it. Whenever we're done singing it, Jack says, "Hoppy again!" Here's the video of tonight's performance.
5 comments:
Jenna,
I love that little song...Grandma always sang that to me and I sang it to our kids...Your boys are too cute! Love your blog! All of us girls are having too much fun! Aunt Sandra goes home tomorrow..boo-hoo!
Love you,
Auntie Donna
That is so cute! I love Henry's hand motions.
oh man, i could cry i miss them so much. hurry up and get down here before it gets butt-hot!
butt hot?
that's weird.
Umm I love when little kids do hand motions! They did an awesome job. So so so cute.
This totally cracks me up because I taught Lexi the very same thing! Now, I'm still trying to figure out how to teach her what the elephant says!!
Post a Comment