Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Short Attention Span

Yesterday, Henry and I ventured outside to bask in the warm sunshine while Jack was fast asleep. I plopped down in the hammock and decided to let Henry roam free in the grass. He started to roam to a dirtier place than I wanted him in, so I lured him towards me with a Tootsie Pop I found in the grass from the pinata festivities the night before. He headed straight for it, and I handed him the sucker with the wrapper on, thinking it would take him a while to figure out how to open it. He had never been introduced to suckers so it should keep him busy, right?
WRONG! He had that thing busted open in no time, and shoved right in his mouth. My first instinct was to snatch it back and prevent a sticky nightmare from unfolding before my very eyes, but heck, we were outside and it was bath night anyway, so I let him go at it.


He gnawed on that sucker for a good two minutes, drooling all over his clothes and bare legs. Sick.
But it was a delicious experience for him, better than that Fig Newton I had tried to give him as a "treat" earlier.Oh wait, a distraction!
"Oh nevermind, where was I? Oh yeah, doing something with this sucker..."
Oops, wrong hand, my friend. Bet that was an unpleasant taste.
And so it was, and he ditched the whole "Tootsie Pop" thing altogether.

2 comments:

BossyMommy said...

Love the use of pictures to tell the story. What's the thing he tried to eat instead of the sucker? Also, what's all that green stuff everywhere on the ground? I see it in pictures and on TV all the time, but I'm not familiar with it. ???

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

oh yeah, the tootsie pop is the best. i miss little hen and i can't wait to see him. i'd come up there right now if i could.