Sledding. We did A LOT of it. Phil fabricated a righteous sled out of an old car hood and two bucket seats that he bolted on to the underside of the hood. We pulled it around behind the 4-wheeler and had a grand old time, minus the stench of exhaust and snow flying in our faces. It was definitely one of the highlights of the past weeks.
(Pictured: Hillary, Phil, me and Lilly all dressed up to go sledding. Lilly did not sled, she just can't pass up a good chance to slip into a picture!)
Every year we have a Christmas program, complete with musical numbers and narration. This year, we dressed all the grandkids up in character. Jack, Henry and Owen were the three wisemen, Gracie was an angel and Lilly was Mary. (Note to ourselves: this should not be done near bedtime in the future). This was the only picture we got that did not include a crying child. Needless to say, we whisked them right off to bed after the photo opps and continued the program in peace.
Gramma Pam got all the babies Christmas pajamas. And as much as Phil protested it, I took plenty of pictures of them in full attire. I love the hats, and every child has to have some sort of picture you can use against them in their teenage years, right?
Christmas morning was a Christmas extravaganza, to say the least. There were toys and presents everywhere! The boys really cleaned up this year, and a high standard has been set for future Christmases. Luckily the babies won't remember anything next year and we'll trick them into thinking that Santa is a modest gift-giver!
(Me, Phil and Hillary tripling on the 4-wheeler. It's most likely illegal, but nonetheless a great time and much preferred over being pulled behind on the car hood, as fun as that was.)

8 comments:
Lame! I don't want to use my imagination (and you probably dont want me to) - I want to SEE it!!!
Sounds like you had a blast in Oak City. I'm with Alyssa- I want to see the "talent". I'm sure you could be added to the Sunday night show at the MDB. Good idea?
Those pj are soo cute! And I love the hats, my little guy won't keep hats on at all, so take all the pictures you want of them in their cute little hats and pj's, I'm sure they will thank you later!
LOL, what I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall during your Showcase Spectacular.
Love the jammies. So adorable! Sledding sounds so much fun too!
I am LOL'ing at you in your snow gear in that first pic. You're like Randy in Christmas story when he falls down in the snow! Please tell me you fell down at least once and couldn't get up. It would make my day.
The "token" Christmas picture is so cute. It looks like Jack and Henry were on the "nice" list this year.
great update! don't worry, i put up robby's rap on my blog so we are all set there.
i miss you guys like crazy. and miss all the wonderful sledding! hope your boys are feeling better!
I love the pictures! I am especially fond of the little twinners dressed up as wiseman! Heelarious!!!! Henry looks as if he is looking up at the star. I love it.
Im glad you had a good christmas and new years! Love ya!
Post a Comment