Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Quick Update

Well, we got our Christmas tree, finally! It can now officially feel like Christmas in our home. The snow all over the ground and our darling Christmas lights outside really help the cause, too. I bought a Christmas Tree candle yesterday and now I don't want to leave my warm and cozy house. There's nothing better than laying on the couch with nothing but the Christmas tree lights on and soft Christmas music or a good classic movie on in the background.
This is my favorite, favorite time of year!
(Jack helping Phil put up the Christmas lights outside in the snow)
(Phil trimming the tree we cut down up the canyon)
Phil and I took our 4-wheelers with Mike, Alisa & co. up Spanish Fork Canyon and cut ourselves down a Christmas tree last Monday. There was a lot of snow, but man was it pretty! We picked out a great tree and decorated it that very same night (like I could wait a day for it to dry out!). The boys have been utterly fascinated with it. Bows have been pulled off of presents multiple times already, lights pulled down and candy canes ripped off and sucked on. I'm thankful that Henry is not crawling yet or the damage would be twice as bad!
(Henry eating the Christmas lights on the tree, this is a common problem I have to stop all day long)
(Sucking on a candy cane he ripped off the tree and giving a thumb's up because apparently it tastes great!)
Needless to say, the boys are loving this Christmas thing (I mean, they are my boys afterall). They love to play with the ribbons, bows, watch the flickering candles and twinkle lights. They are also very captivated by the snow. I'm proud of them. Nanna made them their very own stockings that they could probably fit right inside. I can't wait to fill them with gifts for my baby boys. I better watch out or I just might spoil them this year.

When they're not making a b-line for the Christmas tree, Jack & Henry have decided to take up a new hobby: wrestling. This mostly consists of Henry being flattened by Jack in his attempt to crawl over his brother, then Jack becoming fascinated with Henry's ears and other facial features. I have to say, Henry is a good sport and even laughs when Jack pounces him. This is just the beginning of their beautiful friendship, I hope.
More pictures here: December 2007

13 comments:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i can't WAIT to see those babies! and you guys too!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
h said...

Man, I'm laughing out loud at this post. What funny guys. I love how Jack's about to pick Henry's nose in the bottom pic. And he's totally on top of him, but Henry's still grinning at the camera. And, I love Henry putting the Christmas tree lights and candy in his mouth. I'm sure Owen will look forward to joining in on this game when he gets there. He has yet to see snow, candy canes, or Christmas tree lights up close, so it'll be a fun adventure up there. Can't wait. :)

BossyMommy said...

What a great post! Great pics of the snow and Phil doing his tree and lights thing. Very festive. It's still beyond me how you get up and down that driveway of yours without falling on your butt.

Daniel and Kerri said...

I think I would prefer snow over ice too. It looks like a fabulous tree. It looks like Jack and Henry are the best of buds. I hope all is well and I hope you have a fabulous Christmas.

MARIE said...

I love love love the 'deer in the headlights' look that they often give. It is the cutest.

Kami said...

Those are so cute. I love how they are always by each other and happy about it. I think Anderson has those pj's! Merry Christmas.

The Epps Fam said...

Oh my word, that last picture is my favorite by far! Can those faces be any cuter???!!!
I'm so glad you got your tree up!! I need to come and visit. We also need to figure out a day when we're going to have a shrimp dinner.

Amanda said...

I love these pictures Jenna! Your boys are SO adorable!!

Alyssa said...

How cute are your boys! I know I write that every time- but I love how they play together! Its so fun to watch their different personalitites. I'm jealous you guys got a real tree! Someday I'll convince Mason to do it!

See you on Tuesday!

The Tate's said...

Such cute pictures!! I love Christmas too! You cant not be happy all season. Love the boys wrestling...reminds me so much of our house.

The Tate's said...

Such cute pictures!! I love Christmas too! You cant not be happy all season. Love the boys wrestling...reminds me so much of our house.

Michelle Bebe said...

...it says in the bible, not to wrestle your neighboor...

i love it! stop it, you always make me want twins.