Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Out and About

The boys and I have been out and about these days. I love getting out of the house with them, no matter what we're doing. They are very good boys and rarely, if ever, cause me any trouble in public. I take them to the grocery store every week, I put one carrier inside the cart, the other on top of the child seat part, and put the groceries all around them. I'm offering this information because people always ask me how I grocery shop with them. Well, that's how it's done! They actually enjoy our trips to Wal-Mart, but by the time we get to the checkout stand, they are usually ready to go home.
Last week we went on a little walk with Phil around the block. It was getting dark and was a little chilly, so it was a quick jaunt through the neighborhood. I realize I need to get these boys some beanies for their bald heads or they're going to freeze! Here they are in their stroller. It's a Graco Duoglider and man, it is the best! I highly recommend it if you're in the market for a double stroller.

Yesterday we were out and about to Mason and Alyssa's house where we met up with Miranda and Bryce. It had been way too long since we had seen these cousins, so we made an afternoon of it. Here are the three boys: Bryce, Henry and Jack. Bryce was born in June and I swear he weighs about FIVE pounds more than Jack & Henry. They were definitely the runts of the bunch yesterday. Ah, what else is new?

Bryce, Henry, Jack and Callie. Talk about a rose among thorns, Callie sure is a pretty girl! Check out Henry's face. His face is the same in all 10 of the pictures I took yesterday. I think it is his shy face that he makes. He makes it a lot when we're around other people that he's not familiar with. He is definitely a shy boy, especially compared to Jack.

Jack knows no stranger. He was really excited about yesterday, smiling at everyone and enjoying the company. It was really good to see Alyssa and Miranda and hold their darling babies. Thanks, girls, for a fab afternoon!


Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! I am so glad we are reconnected! I was so happy to have your comment on my blog Jenna! it's been a long, long time.

Second, I am loving this Napoleon Dynamite dancin' music while I'm viewing. I love that crazy movie.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY! Could your boys be any more beautiful? My goodness life is good for you!

Let's keep in touch.

the landreths said...

Fun afternoon! Wish i could've been there. :) That is one cute bunch of babies.

Michelle Bebe said...

the last picture is my favorite! A-dorable!!!

BossyMommy said...

I love those boys (even though I've only met them once!). You're such a mom. Yes, that's a compliment.

The Tate's said...

Henery's little shy face is too cute! I love the picture with the 4 babies together..so cute!

Natalie said...

It must be so much fun to see their two distinct personalities form side-by-side. (Maybe I'd just think it's fascinating as a sociologist.) But even so, I still think you're superwoman for having twins!

The Epps Fam said...

I love those boys!! They're both soooooo good. I'm saying this as my child is screaming in the background. Shoot me.
I think that face of Henry's is killer cute. I hope he does that when he is older.
:) Love ya!

the sheldons said...

Hey Jenna, so we are cousins (by marriage) and we have never met! We'll have to remedy that here in the near future! Dean and I come to Utah at least once a year.

I saw the link to your page on Melanie's site, so I checked it out and can I just tell you how handsome your boys are!! I am so jealous that you have twins! Oh, and I watched the video that Phil made you for mother's day and I totally cried. So I had to watch it again and I cried even harder. Tell him kudos on the movie.

Anyways, I just wanted to saw hi and I would love to get to know you since we're family!

h said...

Henry CRACKS me up. I love the second one where he's looking up into the sky all shy-like. Hilarious. I'm so glad they're so easy to get around with, makes it so much easier to get errands done and whatnot. love ya, sis.

Kami said...

I have to get out of the house at least once during the day or I go crazy! I should never complain, because hauling 2 babies is bad enough

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

thanks for the shout out sistah! and about my recipe, i totally forgot about the meat! obviously, there is none so i hope it is still good. glad i could inspire you to clean your house. love you!

Kelsey said...

thanks for sharing how you manage to grocery shop with the boys. i haven't been grocery shopping with both my girls yet, but i have to go this week and i've been dreading it. now i think maybe i can handle it.